BitePRO™ Bite Resistant Arm Guards & Clothing
BitePRO™ Bite Resistant Clothing is made out of our very own high performance fabric, Cut-Tex® PRO.
We have already supplied numerous organisations around the world (associated to mental health care, learning disabilities, challenging behaviour, special needs and autism) with our bite resistant arm guards and clothing.
BitePRO™ bite resistant clothing helps to prevent human teeth penetrating the other person's skin - and subsequently eliminates the risk of infection and cross contamination following a human bite.
Why is bite resistant clothing so important?
- A skin break increases the risk of infection and makes it necessary to be sure tetanus shots are up-to-date.
- A skin break is often obvious but can be tough to tell in some cases. Anything that looks like the top layer of skin has come off should be considered a skin break.
- Wound infection occurs in 9-50% of human bites.
- Risk of severe infection is particularly high in bite injuries.
- The average human bite pressure is in the range of 2840 to 4270 psi.
- The human bite forces range from 55 lbs to 280 lbs... averaging 162 lbs
This type of bite resistant clothing does not stop the potentially painful effect due to the pressure and force being used. So the risk of infection will be eliminated but the risk of bruising remains. However, bite resistant sleeves or arm guards offering an even higher bite protection level are available too. This type of bite resistant clothing substantially reduces the pain created by pressure and force of the biting persons jaw, therefore the severity of the bruising would be reduced.
Please contact us now if you have you any further questions about
BitePRO™ Bite Resistant Arm Guards & Clothing:
Tel: +44 (0) 845 5193 953