PPSS Bite Resistant Clothing using
PPSS Bite Resistant Clothing is made out of our very own high performance fabric Cut-Tex® PRO.
Please note, we have already supplied numerous organizations around the world associated to mental health care, learning disabilities, challenging behaviour, special needs and autism with our bite resistant sleeves and bite resistant sweatshirts.
PPSS bite resistant clothing will reduce the risk of human teeth penetrating the other person's skin, and subsequently eliminate the risk of infection and cross contamination following a human bite.
Please click on the below images for further information:
Why bite resistant clothing is so important?
- A skin break increases the risk of infection and makes it necessary to be sure tetanus shots are up-to-date.
- A skin break is often obvious but can be tough to tell in some cases. Anything that looks like the top layer of skin has come off should be considered a skin break.
- Wound infection occurs in 9-50% of human bites.
- Risk of severe infection is particularly high in bite injuries.
- The average human bite pressure is in the range of 2840 to 4270 psi.
- The human bite forces range from 55 lbs to 280 lbs... averaging 162 lbs
This type of bite resistant clothing does not stop the potentially painful effect due to the pressure and force being used. So the risk of infection will be eliminated but the risk of bruising remains. However, bite resistant sleeves or arm guards offering an even higher bite protection level are available too. This type of bite resistant clothing substantially reduces the pain created by pressure and force of the biting persons jaw; hence the severity of the bruising would be reduced.
Please read our CEO’s blog: "How Bite Resistant Clothing Will Help Protect Mental Health Care Professionals?"
You can email us email@example.com or call us on +44 (0) 845 5193 953
For intellectual property/copyright reasons, Cut-Tex® PRO labelled products cannot be sold and delivered to Germany.