PPSS Ltd is pleased to accept orders subject to the Terms and Conditions as stated below. Unless expressly agreed in writing, any alteration to these conditions will not apply. In these terms “you” and “your” as appropriate refer to the Buyer and “us”, “our” and “we” refers to the Seller, PPSS Ltd. “Days” refers to working days, being Monday to Friday inclusive excluding bank holidays unless otherwise stated.
Our quotations remain valid for 30 days from the date of their issue. Quotations are for the sole use of the addressee and we reserve the right to withdraw a quotation which has been passed by you to a third party
Catalogues & Brochures
All descriptions and illustrations of goods in any catalogue, brochure, price list or in any other document provided (including this website) by us are intended for general guidance only and do not form part of any contract between you and us. We accept no liability for any error or omission in such documents and cannot be liable in any circumstances for loss or damage resulting from your reliance on such descriptions or illustrations.
All prices are quoted exclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT). VAT will be added to all invoices/ transactions at the rate applicable on the tax point date.
Orders & Payment Terms
Credit accounts are only offered to the public sector such as Local Authorities and NHS Trusts. An official purchase order must be received to confirm your order, and should include your terms and conditions, along with your PO number, invoice & delivery address and your order requirements.
All other organisations and individuals will be issued with a pro-forma invoice upon receipt of your confirmed order and payment must be received within 7 days before any order can be processed or goods delivered.
- Delivery and postage costs within the UK are charged at £10 standard rate, regardless of the number of items ordered, up to a maximum of 30kg. Delivery costs for International orders will be charged based on the weight and dimensions of the packed product/s.
- We always ensure that items are packaged safely to protect the contents.
- Please allow 30 days for delivery from receipt of payment or PO (including all order details). If your order is likely to take longer than this you will be informed at the time of order, and you will be kept up-to-date of the progress of your order.
- We cannot be held liable for any loss caused by late delivery. If we deliver late you are not entitled to regard this as breach of contract.
- Goods will be delivered to the delivery address supplied by you.
- If you or anyone at the delivery address is not available to accept delivery, then you must contact us or the carrier to arrange an alternative delivery date, or address where necessary. If any goods are returned to us by the carrier, you will incur additional delivery costs to have the item re-delivered.
Shortages, Damages, Discrepancies And/Or Loss In Transit
We will at our discretion refund, replace or issue credit where goods have been lost, wrongly delivered, damaged in transit or there is short supply of an order. We will consider claims if made in writing to us within 3 days of the date of delivery. If goods have been damaged or supplied short, then you must keep those goods in one place, separate from any other goods and be available for our inspection if we wish, before we decide what action to take. If a whole consignment of goods is lost then you must inform us in writing within 10 days of the invoice date.
Returns Policy and Warranty
- The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations gives you a cooling off period that allows you to return your item for any reason. But you only have seven working days, and this starts from the day you receive your order.
- If there are any issues with the product you must contact us immediately and confirmation must be sent in writing, by letter, fax or email.
- Your item must be returned to us within the seven day period and include in the packaging your full contact details and the reason for the return.
- You will only be eligible for a refund if you have contacted us and returned your item within the seven day cooling off period.
- You will not be entitled to a refund after the seven day cooling off period, however we will consider an exchange.
- All items must be returned unworn, undamaged and in the condition they were sent to you with all labels and packaging in tact.
- The cost of return postage will be at your expense unless the goods are faulty.
- Please note we do not refund the original delivery charges unless an error was made in the item by us.
- Any items that have been personalized or made to measure are not eligible to a refund or return under the seven day cooling off period.
- Any agreed exchanges or refunds will be processed within 30 days from the date we receive the goods back.
- All goods supplied by us are warranted to be of sound workmanship and materials, and suitable for the purpose for which they are designed under fair conditions. Our liability under this Warranty will be limited to the replacement, free repair or issue of credit against any goods acknowledged by us to be faulty, provided that such faults have not been caused by your misuse of the goods or your negligent handling of the item/s.
- In order to make a claim under this warranty you must contact our head office in the first instance. The item must be returned within a specified time set out by us and must be unused and in it’s original packaging. You will be liable for all postage costs including insurance.
- If you return goods to us in order to make a claim and those goods turn out to be, in our opinion, fault free or damaged by reason of misuse or negligent handling of them, then we will give written notice within 10 days of us receiving the returned item. We reserve the right to make arrangements to return the goods to you after the 10 day period, your non-compliance with our request for instruction will lead us to assume that you have given us unconditional authority to dispose of the goods as we see fit. You will remain liable to pay for the goods in full.
- Customers are reminded that we are not liable for returns that are lost or damaged in the Postal system. Customers should always ensure that the appropriate level of insurance is purchased and keep proof of postage.
- In no circumstances will we be responsible for loss or consequential damage arising from the failure or defect of our goods
- All products have been submitted for testing by PPSS Ltd to certified bodies to confirm all protection levels quoted. It is therefore unnecessary for you to test any products yourself. Should you choose to test any of the products, please note this will void any warranty or guarantee offered in these Terms and Conditions and PPSS Ltd is under no obligation to provide you with a replacement.
- All garments using Cut-Tex® PRO have been tested to BS EN 388:2003 6.2 Level 5. The products are therefore guaranteed under this certification to protect the wearer from cutting threats to the stated level only.
- All Cut-Tex PRO garments come with a six month warranty against workmanship and quality; for example stitching.
- All Stab Vests are tested and certified by the Home Office Scientific Development Branch (HOSDB) to KR1 and KR2. Stab Vests are therefore guaranteed under these certifications to protect the wearer from stab threats to the stated levels only.
- The KR1 and KR2 stab vests offer a secondary advantage of substantial protection against impact. The level of impact protection is substantial but not specified or certified and will of course be defeated if enough force is applied.
- If damage occurs to the armour inserts during an on-duty confrontation with a sharp instrument, we will replace the damaged plate for a charge of £50.00 + vat. Simply return the damaged plate to us and enclose the original police report stating that your PPSS Stab Vest protected you and explaining how the damaged occurred. Customers are responsible for all shipping costs. If any components are damaged due to neglect, misuse or abuse, this guarantee is null and void.
- All Stab Vest covers come with a six month warranty against workmanship and quality; for example stitching, zips, etc
Debit or Credit Card Payments
All credit card transactions will be processed using SagePay secure online terminal. The customer will be responsible for entering their own card details. Please contact the office for more information on how to make payment using your credit/debit card.
PPSS Ltd does not retain any credit card information nor do we disclose any personal details or information to third parties. Data collected by us is used to take and fulfill customer orders and administer and enhance the site and our service. We will only disclose relevant information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes.
We reserve the right to cancel an order or suspend or delay delivery, without being liable for any loss or damage if supply of the goods is prevented or delayed by reason of war, (whether declared or not), civil strife, riot, adverse weather conditions, fire, flood, labour disputes, accidents or any other cause or circumstances beyond our control.
PPSS Ltd, Unit 1, Whitfield Business Park, Manse Lane, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire HG5 8BS. Tel: 0845 5193 953. Fax: 0845 5193 955.